-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Ivan M Suzman <[log in to unmask]>
Aan: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Datum: zaterdag 15 januari 2000 18:35
Onderwerp: Re: nonpd: where is everybody?? / Sparkle riddle #6

>> ROGER WAS THE SUSPECT ARRESTED. BY
THE DETECTIVE!

The solution is indeed "Roger stabbed me" Take  the
strange message and slide diagonally down to the right,
and the weird  message decoded. <<

CONGRATULATIONS Ivan !!!!
(And also Phil, who forgot to mention the WHY).

The official answer is:

The detective arrested Roger, the agent. After looking at the paper in the
typewriter, the detective realized that the last line on the news column
contained the phrase "roger stabbed me". (49t34 w5qgg3e j3) Max had managed
to type the message after being stabbed, but had his fingers were positioned
one line too high, on the keyboard when he typed his message.

Apparently Max had planned to terminate his association with Roger. In a fit
of anger, Roger had stabbed him.