> I know this is off topic, but I'm getting the impression that the
> Doctors have pretty much given up and believe that this will eventually
> be fatal.  Any suggestions would be welcome.

I'm wondering if his neurologist has seen him over the course of this fever.
Conditions affecting the hypothalamus can cause high temps.  Also, reactions
to antibiotics can also cause fevers - usually the rapid pulse associated
with fevers is missing in such cases.

I wouldn't stop looking for the cause - if your doctor doesn't know what the
problem is, it would seem that it is his responsibility to send your father
to a facility that can diagnose the underlying pathology.
-----
God bless
Mary Ann