-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Donald R Boyer
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2000 10:04 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Neurosurgery- DBS

I need some help. Where can I find a web site providing decent and timely
info on the not yet FDA approved Subthalmic DBS procedures.?
I was diagnosed in 1984 and am "officially" classified as Advanced P.D.
My medication every 6 hours is a 50\100CR, 1.25 mirapex,and 200 tasmar 3
times a day, amantadine 1 per day at bed. My Down times are more frequent
and
deeper. I know my meds are not able to do the job.

Havealmost no tremors--most of the problem is severe rigidity, some dystonia
and dyskinesia. I am considering the subthalmic DBS surgical procedure; I
like the idea that it can be reversed but am concerned about bleeding and
etc.
Any web sites or personal expereiences would be appreciated.