Thank you Michael J. Fox

First, For having the courage initially to go public with this disease
    For your congressional testimony late last year
    For your decision to stop doing your show; I guess that is your
equivalent of the difficult choice many of us make
            when   we decide it's time to face the reality of our condition

Most of all, For deciding to  join the fight for a cure.  Your celebrity
status will draw much needed attention to Parkinson's Disease.  More than
most of us put together could.

I, for one,  am very grateful for your public alliance with this disease.
BECAUSE the only thing that keeps me going every day is the hope for a cure
or better treatment soon. This hope allows me to look into my loved ones
faces and honestly not be overcome watching them watching me deteriorate.

Just maybe, with a few celebrities making Parkinson's disease a household
word will, in some small unimaginable way,  speed  up the finding 'the
cure" even if by one day,  I thank you.

cathy
(50,48,46)