Darwin that is a good story, and you and it make good points. I cannot
imagine anyone praying to, or believing in a Diety who would want His/Her
followers to suffer needlessly in order to be considered worthy. Words have
various meanings and interpretations and many words change over the years and
the centurys. When we pattern our lives and beliefs based on the contents of
a book, we should realize that "The Word of God" was written by mortals, and
COULD be misinterpreted!
Personally I think of God as a kind and loving and forgiving God, who would
not want good people who love Him to suffer and die for lack of a few cells.
If He did not want us to enjoy life on earth, why would He have put us here?
(Discussions to follow, I am sure!)
Ken "Playing God's advocate"