One of my neuros said CR was not a slow release but  no release.

 I use it as background drug somewhat like background music. When taken on its own the start up time is 2-4 hours and it lasts for about an hour. When taken with sinemet 100 it is only barely noticeable except that it makes me feel more "On". without it my on time is a bit shaky

When I first started CR ,it worked from the  first day. Many new PWP' s are put on CR as soon as they find they are a PWP, and I find in talking to them that they find little benefit. I think some neuros believe CR is something new to replace SInemet 100 ,whereas it is only supplemental.
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask]>Ann Gibbons
To: [log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]
Sent: Saturday, January 05, 1980 00:27
Subject: Sinemet

My husband started taking Sinemet CR last week. He had no response, so the neuro prescribed regular Sinemet 25/100 x 3. Couple of questions: How long does it usually take to get a response?

Does the "low and slow" titration policy relate more to the nausea associated with starting Sinemet, or is it for the body/brain to adjust to it generally? He has had no nausea from taking the meds, even without food. Is that unusual?

Looking for answers from our bright and experienced group.

Ann Gibbons     cg Joe  65/3