At 11:02 PM 2000/01/23 -0500, you wrote:
>Wayne Shirley, age 65, weitht 145 lbs (lost 40 pounds in one year)

whose care has he been under for that length of time?
what type of doctor? what experience with pd?

>REcent dosage:
>sinemet - one CR 50.200 three times daily ( 9 am, 1 pm and 5 pm)
>Haldol:  Prescribed as needed for agitation:  2 mg by injection every four
>hours.  Given three injections in two weeks (jan 8th, 15th, and 17th)
>Risperdal:  1 mg/dose at 8 am and 5 pm.  This medication was stopped on Jan
>15th since he was becoming extremely sleepy.  Then resumed on the 21st at 0.5
>mg/dose at 9 am and 5 pm
>Ativan: 1 mg injection every 6 hours as needed or 1 mg by mouth as needed.
>Three injections were issued.  On the 21st there was one injection.  And two
>injections were administered on the 22nd.

these meds are contra-indicated for pd
who prescribed them?
who diagnosed your brother's pd in the first place?

this all sounds dangerously ignorant

please read joe's story on my website ["first things first"]
don't let what happened to joe happen again

>He fell twice on the 21st and twice more on the 22nd.
>He is now in the hospital and the doctor is trying to
>get him committed to an asylum or another geriatric facility.
>He is supsected of also having alzheimers....

his falls and his cognitive 'problems' sound to me most likely related
to his meds and their interactions

this should be checked into thoroughly and immediately as a first step
by someone well versed in neurology and movement disorders in general
and pd in particular

the pd rules which save lives: titration + education

>I am in the process of getting his affairs straight so he can qualify
>for medicaid and then get him with me in North Carolina.  It appears as
>if I am running out of time....

you and he just might be...
which is why we are all here now

there but for grace, go i...

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
a new voice: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/
613 256 8340 PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario Canada K0A 1A0