I am a listener/lurker learning a lot from all of you. My husband (PWP age
46 dx at 36) and I both work full time (we are grateful that he can still
do that) and are slowly learning how to cope with things that used to be a
jumble, and you have all helped us do this.  Thanks

He has recently switched agonists, from Mirapex to Requip, and we are
discovering a contradictory set of side effects that maybe some of you have
experience with. On one hand the Requip makes him very sleepy, something
that many people have described, but on the other hand he has been having
trouble sleeping at night, he is experiencing something that seems to be
between tremors and spasms, and he just can't seem to fall asleep.

He has also recently begun using Apromorphine injections as a "rescue
device" when he is deeply off and needs to function quickly, mostly in work
situations.  This is something he does at most once a day and not any time
near the evening, so we are not sure if that is or is not effecting his
sleeping.  What other experiences do any of you have with Apromorphine?
Have any of you tried this as a long term pump rather than a rescue
injection (this has been mentioned to us as a new idea).

Does anyone on the list have any helpful ideas about the sleepless Requip
nights?

Thanks for the info.

Ellie (wife of Reuven 46/36)