Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>
From:                   Sherry Macredes <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: ritalin
To:                     [log in to unmask]
Date sent:              Wed, 26 Jan 2000 18:33:31 -0500

> Nancy,
> My mother (75/70) has also experienced tingling toes and problems with
> sciatica which I believe are PD symptoms.  The problem sciatica seems to
> be helped with anti inflammatory drug Viox (sp??), but the tingling and
> numbness remain even though no signs of nerve damage etc...guess we live
> with this.  I also have PD 48/47 and I haven't experienced the tingling
> toes but sometime it feels like my foot is stuck on the gas pedal!  The
> whole left leg just gets really stiff for awhile then it's ok, no answer
> here either, meds haven't helped so far. Sherry

True "tingling" is *not* a symptom of Parkinson's disease.  Sciatica
may be associated with PD but it is not part of the condition; it is due
to another, separate, condition (like a disc or some such).  Stiffness
such as described *is* probably Parkinson-related.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.dovecom.com/rafink/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"