This is in response to
Dale Severance's
request for ideas

Hello Dale,

I would like you to know of one idea that is being practiced here in
Dallas.
This is the location, as you probably know, of the "Dallas Area
Parkinsonism Society", an organization that is always on the lookout for
money making activities to help finance its many ways of support for
PWP's.
This idea also involves grocery stores. There are two chains and the
ideas have some differences between them.

The one I am most familiar with issues cards, like credit cards, however
they are just identity cards. Once a customer is registered and the card
issued, it can be used without further identification for cashing
cheques and pay for the groceries. Use of the card gives a small
discount to the bill, but the real advantage is the avoidance of
repeated identification.
The card can be registered to assign a certain small percentage for
charity purposes by a number encoded on the card.
Even a small percentage will, through continued use, add up as a steady
stream of money for the good purpose.

For more information call DAPS 's Ann Staton at 972-620-7600
or E-mail to  <[log in to unmask]>

Will Kuipers<[log in to unmask]>