Maryhelen and other PD advocates

Please print copy, forward and use as needed.
Good luck with this important research initiative.
Sincerely,

Ivan Suzman
Portland ,  Maine

Dear ladies and gentlemen of the Arizona Legislature:

Please fund this pioneering bill for the $1,ooo,ooo.oo (one million
dollars)
requested for research.  I am a friend of my colleague and fellow
long-time
PD patient-advocate, Maryhelen Davila of Phoenix.  I am 50, in my 14th
year
of devastation, having had Young Onset Parkinson's Disease problems
since 1986. I am stopped by PD, homebound  here in the snows of Maine.

I face paralysis whenever any of eight round-the-clock doses of medicines
fail to work.  With this immobility comes unstoppable pain, and
muscle clenching from head to foot.  This includes the muscles inside
my tongue,and in the muscle pulling the eardrum, in my middle ear.

Please honor the memory of the great Arizonan, MO UDALL,
and the living work of Mr. Muhammad Ali, who graces your
extraordinary state with his research center at the Barrows
Hospital.  Please make PD a PRIORITY.  The diagnosis rate
is estimated to be one person every nine minutes in the USA !

I have worked for  six years with Maine's house , senate, governor,
and US delegations. I have been asked for the author this April's
upcoming GOvernor's Parkinson's Awareness Resolution. A copy of
my 9/28/99 Testimony  for the  Appropriations Committee of the US Senate,

about living daily with Young Onset Parkinson's Disease, can be obtained
by contacting Linda Lyon,  senior Aide to US Senator  Olympia Snowe.
Ms. Lyon can fax a copy of this document to you ; please call her
at Senator Snowe's office here in Porland, ME, 207-874-0883.

Thank you for helping us conquer this slowly killing disease,
whose origins are still unknown.

SIncerely,

(Prof.) Ivan Mfowethu Suzman
Portalnd, Maine  (207) 797-8488