 Ivan Suzman        50/39/36       [log in to unmask]      :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses           deg. F   :-)
Hello, Camilla, Alison, Connie and Anne R.and list,

I have got no certainty about when I will be able to be
 in touch. Please expect delays. Power just returned
and freezing rain on wires is dangerous.

We are country people , and have a gas kitchen stove
 and 2 wood stoves. Thankfully, we are in better shape
than many, but POWER FAILURE has occurred in wide areas
this morning about 4:25 AM due to snow and ice storm.

Some roads are still blocked or are ice=coated..  We are in a more rural
area
than center of town , so are somewhat  more self-sufficient.

.  Woke up to cold house,  but we lit two woodstoves.   They have been up
and running  nearly daily, since  extremely cold weather
and  the winter snows hit, about two weeks ago.

Young  nighttime caretakers Evan and Rhody, both 20
are here. " My two sons-" now that I am an
half-a-century "old" PWP , are looking out
for me after dark.

Just yesterday my wood man delivered a
beautiful cord of hardwood. Evan and
Rhody to help so it makes things comparatively
easy.  I know I have been blessed.

WIll try to send now as power just sputtered.
a few moments ago.  Telephones are flashing
daytime care attendant called to say no
plow has arrived... have to wait...

Time to check around to see if
ice melted from rock salt on walks and near
doors to outside is working,  and check
my collection of winter storm supplies..

Ivan