"Robert A. Fink, M. D." wrote:

> > arrow and see either HTML or Microsoft Word....click on MICROSOFT WORD and you are set!
>
> No, No, No, No!!!!  Do not set it to send in Word!  That is what
> Microsoft wants you to do.  For those people who do not use (or
> have) Microsoft Word, they will get garbage.  The only format that
> text should be sent on the Internet is PLAIN TEXT.

Actually, I can write either directly in the E-mail or in Word first.  I use Word when my text tends
to be long so that I can use the features of the edit function.  Then I select the text to copy,
then copy onto the E-mail without any further editing, but select 'no html'.  I have had no problems
with any mail reaching their destination clear and intact. Of course, I assume that you have Window
3.1, or up to Window 2000.

Michel