From: Barb_MSN <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Friday, January 28, 2000 11:45 AM
Subject: Re: NEWS-Parkinson's hinders patients' ability to distinguish
contrast

Judith...
Thanks for posting this message.  It's the most comprehensive
commentary about PD-related visions problems I've yet to read.

I've tried to explain to my daughters that I have aggravating,
annoying, and often scary PD-related vision problems.   It feels
like I run into a "optical stone wall" intermittently throughout
the day, with additional problems as day fades into night.

It's not that they don't recognize my visual difficulties. but
rather they lump it under the "Mom's getting older"category.   And
while I  DO admit to having a birthday once a year and those years
ARE mounting up <GULP>, at 57 I don't consider myself THAT old!

This article really puts things into perspective, and it's message
validates what most of us long-term  Parkies have claimed about
our changing, if not actually declining vision.

Barb Mallut