Hello,  My name is Grace and my husband, Frank, who is 70 years old, was diagnosed with Parkinson's in July.  He probably had it for 3 or 4 years before it was diagnosed.  I'm worried about our future.  Today in the Chicago Tribune, my husband found this letter.
    "The decision of Michael J. Fox to leave the successful sitcom Spin City brings joy to many who are afflicted with Parkinson's Disease.  My family has witnessed this awful disease firsthand.  It starts slowly, invading the body with muscle pain and mild tremors.  Then it steadily takes away one's ability to walk, sleep, think and eat.  Michael J. Fox must know this.  That's why he's planning to spend a good deal of his time raising money for research.  For, without the research, there will be no cure.
     It's too late for Pope John Paul, Rev. Billy Graham, Mohammed Ali and my mother.  Let's hope it's not too late for Mr. Fox.  May his compassion and courage be an example to others."
    The description of Parkinson's that was used in this letter is what is scaring me.  Does Parkinson's take away one's ability to walk, sleep, think and eat.  I know I'm especially worried about taking a person's ability to think away.  How much does Parkinson's affect the mind?