Two months ago my family doctor sent me to a neurologist suspecting Parkinsons. I am 70 years old. Five minutes diagnosis and the neurologist declared Parkinsons. My tremors started to be a bother 6 months ago. My family doctor was aware then of my concern and tried a couple medications for other types of old folks tremors. My kids noticed a tremor about two years ago, slight and very infrequent.

I was not aware that muscle rigidity was a Parkinsons symptom and didn't alert my family doctor. I thought I was just getting old and creaky, and this was part of the aging process.

I had muscle rigidity, bad, hard to get out of bed and the car. My left hand has a resting tremor, occasionally. My left leg trembles occasionally. I exercise and my 14 minute mile became 20 minutes. My left foot plops.

After four visits my neurologists is still fine tuning my medications. So far it's 0.45mg Mirapex 3 times daily and  3mg Artane twice daily.

My muscle rigidity is much improved and the tremors are very infrequent and barely noticeable. The mile is still 14 minutes. Getting out of bed and the car is much easier now.

Monitoring this site I surmise that this is only the beginning and much more medication and more powerful medications are in my future.