I think one of the main issues in "dealing" with not only a debilitating illness, but, anything in life is to GET INVOLVED.

In other words, we all have our "crosses to bear" but, those who do well with it are the ones who do not hide behind it.  There are so many ways to get involved and to start it need only be getting very knowledgeable about the disease.

Read about it, ask about it, go on the internet and learn everything you can about it.

Then proceed by getting involved with a community source of dealing with the illness.  This can be as simple as visiting with others who have the same illness, those who have just learned they have the illness and are scared, confused, don't understand it etc. etc.  You can get further involved if there is a support group for the illness or join a Board of Directors or Advisory Board at a clinic or hospital that deals with the illness.

There is nothing that helps more than accepting that which you have and helping others with it.

Sheila De Vine