Thank you, Murray, I will read the material you mention. I
think I reacted as strongly as I did because:
1.) The obvious-I'm a PWP.
2.) I'm a nurse, and like all the good nurses I know, a
patient advocate.
3.) I still haven't gotten over standing beside my Dad's
bed
in the hospital where he would die several years later(My
father, I realize now, had undiagnosed PD, along with a
multitude of other medical problems), while an arrogant
S.O.B. of an M.D. tried to convince my family that we
wanted a DNR order. I told him to ask my father, who was
still very capable of making his own decisions. This was my
first lesson in how invisible the disabled can become. My
Dad spent his last years in a wheelchair, and people were
constantly talking to the family member who was with him,
instead of to him. My Dad did not suffer fools gladly. He
had a wicked sense of humor and used it unsparingly to
deflate the egos of pompous fools. When he finally fell
silent, I knew he really WAS dying.
                   Take Care, Carole

http://news.medscape.com/jobson/MedTribNews/1996/sep/11/NoNotResuscitate

http://www.phen.ab.ca/materials/intouch/vol2/intouch2-01.html