After you read this,  you may ask,  "Are these your
ideas, or are you just ill advised?"  They say ideas
come frrom one of three sources, from the
supernatural, from others,, or from within
ourselves.  I don't lay claim to divine messages,
neither are these thoughts solely  frrom within
myself.  Rather, they are a  confabulation  from
within myself and what I hear from other PD
support group people.
There is a perceived  need for better networking,
between the larger organizations and the local
Support Group (PWP, caregivers).Yesterday I met
with several relatively well informed leaders of a
PD support group.Their questions and comments
made me observe  that they knew even  less than I
about what is going on in the upper circles of those
who represent us. Are you satisfied with the
comunication and support you are getting at the
local level from these organizations. Legally, or
informally how can we increase our representation
at the higher levels of leadership.
Are the newsletters we receive interesting and
informative, or are they just house organs. When
were you or your support group asked for advice,
or helped in a practical way?  Do you believe that
it is time to get professionals to represent us, using
principles of marketing, corporate identity  and
awareness crusades,e.g.See the Avon Breast
Cancer Awareness Crusade material on the web
page. Why doesn't the upper leadership involve
local groups in planning agendas?
Let's open up the dialogue and comments.
Arguments are welcomed.

This message was sent using Conectiv.net WebMail.
http://webmail.conectiv.net/