It's been said that the business of America is
business.  What better way to promote a nonprofit
than to form an alliance  with business in a win-
win parnership.  Thankfully we already have some
of this.
 The Avon crusade even goes one step further
involving government agencies in its breast cancer
awareness strategies.  I offer this as a serious
proposal.  Please look up the Avon program on the
internet and read it thoroughly. It  outlines the
strategies used by government, corporate business
and non-profit participants.  We can devise similar
strategies to promote Parkinson awareness which
would hopefully result in more research to find a
cure.  There is a nonprofit on the Internet called
"Funding First" which is based on the premise that
the cure  follows  the funding.  The Avon Crusade
has raised over 20 million dollars in the last two
years.  It said that imitation is the highest form of
flattery.  However, I am not suggesting imitation of
the Avon Crusade.  Instead,  I would like to see
more innovation and imaginative thinking.  How
can we best utilize professional agencies  to
develop  marketing plans that would get us  to a
cure for Parkinson's.  We have to start getting
serious.  At the very personal level we must start
giving at a  level that shows we are serious, not
just by giving pocket change.

This message was sent using Conectiv.net WebMail.
http://webmail.conectiv.net/