>  ATTENTION to all  PD research funders!
>
>Joe, is this discussed in a viral-origin, or only in genetic framework?
>Demographic factors are relevant.  A good example is the
>demography of post-World War I swine flu-related meningitis, and
>the appearance of Parkinson's Disease later, as seen in the
>movie,  "Awakenings."

i was under the impression that the encephalitis lethargica was the
epidemic that caused the post fever parkinsonism. the sleeping
sickness that had 25 year rip van winkle sleep for some.

there is some oddity with the unconsciousness of some modes of sleep
with this disease. i also continue to believe that fever may be
concentrated in heating the darker portions of the brain tissue.
substantia nigra is darkest pigmented portion of brain.
--
Ron Vetter 1936, '84 PD dz
mailto:[log in to unmask]