On 29 Jan 00 at 14:07, Bonnie Rowley wrote:

> May I ask what this attachment is you keep sending to PIE?

> [log in to unmask] writes:
> >
> > File:  Ivy.gif (5665 bytes)
> >  DL Time (32000 bps): < 1 minute

Hi Bonnie, Audrey,  and Everyone....
Seems we go through this mystery over n'over.....

Anyone with MS Outlook may have default Ivy "Stationary".

Stationery: A pop down menu next to the Compose Message button includes
several choices of stationery.(i.e. Ivy) It puts pictures behind your
message like a web page. It is only viewable by POP e-mail programs such
as Outlook Express, and Netscape Messenger. It also increases the size
of your e-mail message. Text based e-mail programs will see the text of
the message and then have an attachment added for the formatting that
will not be meaningful to them.

Go to Tools, Options, Compose, Stationary and select None.

Go to Tools, Options, Mail Format, and select Plain Text.

Go to Tools, Options, and look for "When replying to Messages".  The
default is to accept Senders Format or something like that.  If you
don't uncheck this box then you will inadvertantly default to the same
format as the original sender.  If they had Ivy Stationary, then
suddenly you are sending Ivy Stationary.  If they send in Rich Text
Format or HTML  then you may also etc.

Why do I use a non Microsoft E-Mail client??
(cuz it just works?)

All the best ............. murray