Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>
From:                   William Harshaw <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Lobbying for more neurosurgeons
To:                     [log in to unmask]
Date sent:              Mon, 31 Jan 2000 13:25:42 -0500

> Is there no esponse to my idea that the most bang for the buck will come
> from neurosurgery as palliative therapy for Parkinson's Disease?
>
> If I am wrong, would someone please tell me!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bill

According to most statistics, there are already too many
neurosurgeons in the United States.  The Government has been
pressuring our organization to decrease the number of training slots
available and we have been forced to do so (the grant money has been
cut).  Thus, one can look forward to a smaller number of us in the
future (there are about 3500 of us in the United States and Canada).

While there appears to be an "excess", this excess is in the larger
cities and the more desirable areas; in the semi-rural areas, there is a
shortage.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.dovecom.com/rafink/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"