Hi Group -

Two weeks ago, just before going on a vacation trip to Florida, I began
taking Comtan.  Here are my impressions of it so far.

The results, while mixed, are generally good.  Almost immediately I had to
reduce the amount of Sinemet because of increased dyskinesia.  Once that was
done I noticed a smoother "on / off" transition and better functionality in
both the "on" and "off" states.  Comtan appears to be a useful addition to
Sinemet.

On the negative side, response to this medication is (for me, at least)
somewhat erratic.  Perhaps this will improve with time.  Also, I had two
episodes of truly violent dyskinesia.  I felt as though I was going to
virtually explode.  Not very pleasant.  Hopefully that has passed.  Finally,
this drug turns urine bright yellow.

I am now back on my regular daily schedule.  Let's face it, vacation
activities - odd mealtimes, sight-seeing, visiting with friends, etc. - are
not the norm.  I'll write again with any important changes.

Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando were great; a Hell of a lot warmer than Rhode
Island!

Jim Finn