Mary Ann Ryan wrote:
> The reason I told Ivan that it might be best to have a food like peanut
> butter around is that I question whether he is suffering from hypoglycemia -
> in which case a high carbohydrate food would only increase the problem.  I
> don't know if my speculation is true - but a blood sugar of 27 in a
> non-diabetic (which I assume Ivan is) is very suspicious.

Mary Ann, thanks for your response. I wasn't aware of your post to Ivan
when I responded to Audrey, but I certainly agree with you, in his case
peanut sounds preferable.
Best,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Medical nutrition therapy for Parkinson's disease
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Parkinson's disease: assessing and managing unique nutrition needs;"
"Risk for malnutrition and bone fracture in Parkinson'sdisease,"
J Nutr Elderly. V18:3;1999.
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/