In a message dated 1/28/00 7:18:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I dont know if you live in the states or not, but on
 the off chance you do,  you have the right to get books on tape free. I know
 that is only a bandaid but for

Ted gets the tapes and it is a God send.  You get the paperwork from local
library and doctor completes.  The tapes arrive postage free in the mailbox.
They provide the player.  When done with the tape you put it back in its
container and put in your mailbox.  The postman picks it up, postage paid.
You let them know what you like and tapes arrive.  He gets very involved in
listening and has them find particular books.  His problem is double vision
and approaching cataracts, along with the usual Parkinson's problems.  He
even takes the machine with him when we travel and listens on the plane.

Virginia Christiansen
White Plains, New York