I'm looking for articles or books that describe writing practices within
social service agencies and/or analyze  the kinds of discourse that these
agencies produce. I'm interested in the work Anthony Pare and others have
done: could someone send me a citation to some of that work? Do others know
of other articles?

I want to use these articles for two purposes:

1) if I get articles I think my undergraduates can handle, I'd like to get
them to read a few so that they begin to understand the discourse of these
agencies generally. They will be reading them in the context of a service
learning course on professional writing. They need to analyze the discourse
of the agency they will be working with, and they need to create some of
this discourse in the form of a grant proposal written for the agency.

2) I'm engaged in a research project to analyze how these agencies create
and communicate their institutional identities, and so I'm interested in
work that others may have done on this topic.

I'll prepare a bibliography of these sources and post them to my web site
and the Inkshed site (if Russ Hunt is willing).
Roger Graves, Associate Professor, DePaul University, Chicago