Hasn't this been pretty well beaten into the ground? One needs now to go
write it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Baragona [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Sunday, February 20, 2000 10:59 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: "Apis skinns" yet again

Yes, which would bring us back to my original questions.  What would ape
skins look like and why would they be called that?  If, indeed, as appears,
these are leggings for an angel's costume, are they the kind of tawed
leather that elsewhere is used to indicate nakedness for Adam and Eve?  And
why call them "apes' skins"?  Maybe we should reconsider that pun on
"buskins"!  :-)

Alan