Richard,
They can do a cut down, and put a thing in his neck, which is what they
ALWAYS have to do to me when I go to the hospital.
So don't let them give up just yet. As you can tell, I'm not in the
medical field, but I know that  thingy works!!!

As Ever,
Marjorie L. Moorefield
just another retired librarian