On 1 Feb 00, at 13:51, Mary Ann Ryan wrote:

> Bob, thanks for the info about viruses and M.S.  If we found a
> definite connection between the two, would it be possible to treat the
> disease with anti-virals??  I guess that question could also apply to
> viruses and PD - if there were a connection established. ----- God
> bless Mary Ann (CG Jamie 60/20)

There are no true "antivirals" as of this point.  Some drugs, such as
Acyclovir, may suppress viral activity, but we do not as yet have a true
antiviral".

The virus/MS and virus/Parkinson's disease "connections" are
theoretical only and not of clinical significance as of now.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S.
Professional Corporation
2500 Milvia Street   Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636  USA
Phone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  <http://www.dovecom.com/rafink>

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"