Sherry -

In the past, Dick's neuro has asked him to keep a journal for two or three
days before his appointment.  He's given a chart listing the times of day,
broken into 30 minute intervals.  Then he's to rate his condition as "on,"
"on with dystonia," or "off,"  noting his condition every 30 minutes.  He's
also to write on the chart when he takes his meds.

I would think you could adapt a chart like this to include any symptoms you
want to track.  Maybe you could include a slot for pain, rated 1-10, muscular
rigidity, and use of your left hand.  If you found it helpful to rate those,
you could, I'd think.

Hope this helps.

Margie Swindler, cg for Dick, 55/18

<<  Now I wonder how and what to
 record.  How do you tell if you are slightly better or worse?  Is there an
 exercise to gauge improvement?  My problem is with loss of use of my left
 hand and muscle ridigity.  The muscle pain is also a problem, how can you
 rate pain?  When it hurts it's always a 10 on a scale of 1-10.  I am also
 wondering just how much improvement I can expect.  One neuro told me with the
 right meds I would be able to lead a "normal" life (yeah right), how do you
 define normal?  Have any of you kept a pain journal?  What did you use to
 rate your meds?
 Thanks for your input, from a newly dx PD'er.

 Sherry