Are there any PWP on the List who are taking pain killers for another
condition--other than PD? I know opiates are contraindicated for PD. Meds
such as Percocet, etc. apparently occupy the same dopamine receptors and
exacerbate PD symptoms. My husband has been in constant pain since his
disastrous hernia surgery in late '98 and he has tried to tough it out, with
minimal medication. But now we are going to start pursuing pain management
and, of course, meds that will do the job are in the opiate group. Catch 22?

Need some input, please.

Ann Gibbons