Cari wrote the following...
>>>as we all know - this list often buries incredible gems and >>>words of
wisdom
>>>among much rubbish - therefore, tho' i swore i would >>>"delete" it all,
i just
>>>couldn't - so here i continue to sit - two and 1/2 hours later!

Cari, FWIW, I, too, cannot just delete a msg for fear of losing some "gem"
of information and have spent hours in front of the computer....I finally
decided when I had a large volume of email to read that I would make my
phone calls at the same time that I read the email....the "non-gems" are
deleted as I go through the email and the "gems" are saved until I hang up
the phone and can concentrate on reading them........and  then I don't feel
like I've wasted a morning on the computer.  Joan Hartman