 Ivan Suzman        50/39/36       [log in to unmask]      :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses     sunny,18 deg. F   :-)

Hi  Bob,
  Isn't PIEN exciting right now, with so many
of us onto  tracking down the ANSWER
to  "What causes Parkinson's Disease?"
  It's become a thrill to see what everyone
is thinking!

  Bob, do you feel that a damaged dopamine delivery system
in a person with PD (PWP) could be the result of a "slow virus",
which has invaded the PWP's DNA , causing Parkinson's
eventual appearance in that PWP?

   About a Multiple Sclerosis-causing virus:

    Bob, I'm no expert. I'm neither a geneticist nor
a virologist. My training in genetics is most
closely related to gene code changes that
cause slow and gradual evolution in species.
Otherwise, I am trained as a medical anatomist,
not as a physician.

     Hopefully we'll all know more soon about viruses,
from research reports, like the dramatic Lou Gehrig's
Disease announcements two weeks ago from France.

    I had childhood "flu" and bronchitis, and  was sick
 in bed for 6 months at age 5 with mononucleosis.
    Now  I am rarely sick, even for half a day. Maybe
battling off these childhood ailments left me with
a stronger immune system, but also with a tough
future, that would include the development of PD.

    The  PIEN list is VIBRANTLY ALIVE right now,
with loads of ideas like never before.  I sure hope this
goes on and on, and jump-starts us all.

     Thanks Bob,again, for your very valued information
on MS.  I also appreciate your concern that we
be cautious in our optimism, and I am with you
on that one.

Sincerely,
Ivan Suzman
:-)
"Robert A. FInk" writes, in part.........