In a message dated 2/3/2000

<<   I  care
 > for seven children in the home (infants to pre-school age). It is all I
have
 > ever done. I am scared of falling, or dropping a child etc. I just don't
 > know if it is worth the fight to apply for SSDI. Thanks...Kathie

Kathie......this comment is of concern to me.....I would hope the problems
concerning the application for SSDI would be very small in comparison to
jeopardizing the safety of the seven children.......I realize that is your
source of income......kids can be helpful to keep you going......but
SEVEN!!!!!  Yikes....

I have stayed with our infant and preschool age grandsons during the
day....but I only have the energy to deal with them when they have been
ill.......(that seems strange to say, but we had a long term illness and
liver transplants to deal with)......I would not have the energy to "chase
and or stimulate" a healthy child.   I am good for holding, hugging, feeding
and naps.......but not for all day responsibilities of seven at a time.  You
have assumed a lot of responsibility and challenge even for a person with
100% energy (which none of us have!).

If the family is encouraging this........by all means think about pursuing
SSDI.
Rita Weeks, 55/10