just wanted to send a quick note -

2.4.00 @ noon i'm leaving for tyler, tx for ? how long -

got a call from my dad's nurse (visits 1/wk to set up meds, blood work, etc.)
and she said that my mom called her aside and basically broke down -
indicating that she just feels hopeless, etc.

odd that this happened right after i sent that email to all about feeling
frustrated with being the long distance "daughter of. . ."

anyway - i've not told them i'm coming, tho' my 95 yr old grandmother who
lives with them (and is in better mental and emotional shape than most of us
put together!) knows -

we're hoping that we can get mom in for 3-5 days of psychiatric assessments
and initial treatment as an inpatient - not only would it give her a break as
"CGiver" but would also encourage her (or scare her to death) to address head
on the issues that she represses -

not only does she deal with daddy and her mother, but she is also a diabetic
who eats and medicates herself with no regard to what is in her physical best
interest -

it's very disheartening -

anyway - i'll be "no mailing" from L.A., but with any luck - i can get my
hands on a laptop while in tyler -

i've also downloaded almost all the messages i've ever saved from you all and
have just "caca-loads" of info to share with my dad - for that - i am truly
grateful and excited -

'til later -

cari
"daughter of. . . "