Sherry: I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question but I'm not sure
that your premise that you are up to dose with requip @ 3 MG /day is correct.
I am currently trying to wean off Sinemet substituting requip. I started the
requip at .25 MG 3x/day for a week and upon instruction from my two neuros,
have been titrating up at the rate of adding .25 MG 3x/day each week. I have
now been at it for 12 weeks and am currently at 3MG 3x/day which is triple
your dose. I have cut my Sinemet by 1/3 so far and I cut another 1/3 this
Saturday and then hold steady for a while to test the result. I am under the
impression that even at 9 MG requip / day, my current dose, I am still not
maxed out. Also not sure it's working, especially as I am deleting Sinemet as
I go. reaction similar to yours: some days better, some days worse. Only
adverse effect that I can gauge thus far is that I get sleepy in the early
afternoon and perversely, I don't get tired until 1 or 2 in the morning and
then get up a 6 to start the cycle all over again. Don't know if it's requip
related, PD related, or some other phenomenon.

Paul H. Lauer