We had a palliative medicine practitioner speaking to our support group some
time ago, and if I got the concept right, said that she can not cure every
disease or ill afflicting people, but she can make more more comfortable with
their pain.  I do not know if I will go that way, but I have had acupuncture ten
years ago for my pains from arthritis and carpal tunnel, and I'd go back to it
if I felt those pains returning.
Michel