Terri
Your words are kind!...Your mother sounds like a wonderful person.
She is lucky to have you and your family to support her.
Your son is learning to value his grandmother because of how you value her.

Isn't it frustrating to watch how our society treats senior pwps?
When my mother and I go shopping,
if she asks a sales clerk (or a bank teller or a waitress, etc.) a question,
they will respond to her question by speaking to me,
although she is standing right beside them.
Do they think she's deaf or dumb?
In response, I have begun to step back and turn away
so that they are forced to address her respectfully.
Sigh.

People (even family) are often afraid of what they don't understand.
But I am sure that there are alot of us 'adult children of pd parents' out
there
who could become great pd advocates, if we set our minds and hearts to it.

Anyway, its great to have you on this list...so hang in there!

One day at a time,
Joan U

From: Terri Teeling
Date: Friday, February 04, 2000