Jim Carter wrote:
<<
 Walter,
 I felt some what uneasy at this.I'm guessing Christopher Reeves thought any
 light shown on the problem would help. So I can't fault him, we think we got
 it bad!!!!!!!!
 I would of liked to have had them say more on the research needed for people
 like C.R. to be able to walk.
 The most common response I get from people when they first find out I have
 PD," Oh don't they have a new pill for that ". Not to put to much on MJF
 but, I hope in his search for a cure educating the public goes along with
 it.
 Now after writing this and thinking about it I think the C.R. ad can do more
 harm than good.

Jim ...  I agree .... can't probably explain too well how I feel but I live
near the Burke Rehabilitation Hospital.  One day when I went to pick up Ted,
there was Christopher Reeve atop a huge supportng platform on the sidewalk
and the van, etc. was there to take him home.  He was probably asleep, but it
was so surreal and I felt so sad as though he was an object to be lugged
around.  I cried and I surely want a cure for him and all those who suffer
quietly and helplessly, but I felt uneasy with the ad and him being "used" as
an object.

Virginia Christiansen
White Plains, New York