At 06:55 PM 2000/02/12 -0500, carole wrote:
>Hi Audrey: I think Parkinsonians are notoriously prickly,
>but perhaps that is a common denominator in ANY
>individual with a chronic, progressive, incurable
>disease.We're not always good company. We are easy to spin
>out of control. Especially when someone is pushing our
>buttons. Which is why I am TRYING to learn to count to 10
>(make that 110) before opening my mouth (or responding to
>an E-mail) So I won't require further surgical intervention
>re:
>foot-in-mouth...      Carole

if i may add a small corollary to carole's comments
emotions and even tears seem to rise much closer to the surface
once a previously 'normal' human has crossed into the 'parkie zone'

[something to do with dopamine aka the 'feel-good-brain-chemical']
[which is also implicated in some forms of addiction]
[that was the 'hey'!]

rose lane said something like:
we may think we are responsible for the way others treat us
but we can only be responsible for the way we treat others

IF i am able to absorb that concept in all of its layers
i find that all those old 'buttons' which can be so vulnerable to being 'pushed'
have miraculously disappeared

[but some days that's a mighty big 'if'...]

Emotions R Us

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
a new voice: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/
613 256 8340 PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario Canada K0A 1A0