The NIV version is:

(Gen. 1-27)

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them."

(Gen. 5-2)

"He created them male and female and blessed them. And when they were
created, he called them "man. [1]""

             [1.]2 Hebrew "adam"

This could be intrepreted two ways, the "man" or "him" could be refering to
humankind or God the Father's image truly is masculine. I don't think
created in the image of God has anything to do with the sex of God. Would
seem kinda strange for God the Mother to send Her son Jesus to be born of
the Virgin Mary!