To all,

A friend asked me to post the following question to you all:

Could you post this and ask the questions,

(1) Why? - Why are we so underfunded compared to AIDS?
(2) Does anybody have any ideas for action?

The following URL references the NIH's 2000 budget with an AIDS allocation
for each institute (ex. National Cancer Institute has a $235 million AIDS
allocation)

http://www4.od.nih.gov/ofm/budget/00conference.stm

Why does AIDS get such treatment?

In addition, the NIH is allocating $2,596.5 million for AIDS in 2000.
Parkinson's Disease research will get $132 million. PD will be allocated
approximately 1/20 of what AIDS gets for more patients.  Reference URL:

http://www4.od.nih.gov/ofm/diseases/index.stm

Is there anything we can do to get more funding?  This does not seem right.

Does anybody have any answers?   Any ideas on an action strategy to get more
funding?

Charlotte