Murray Charters wrote:
> Hi Judith,
> Thanks for the repost........

        You're welcome. :)

> I believe a Dr. Thomas Hutton of Lubbock, Tx. spoke at the Congress
> here last year and I seem to recall he is specializing in the unique
> vision problems faced by People with Parkinsons.
>
> Does anyone on this list know of this man and his work??

Hi Murray, et al,
        Dr. Thomas Hutton and his wife Dr. Trudy Hutton were speakers at the
Annual Conference in London in 1997, and I had the good fortune to meet
and talk with both of them.
        He spoke about visual disturbances in Parkinsons and she spoke about
falling and Parkinsons.
        According to the 'blurbs' I have from that conference, Dr. Thomas
Hutton is Director, Neurology Research and Education Center, at  St.
Mary of the Plains Hospital, Lubbock, Texas.
        Dr. Trudy Hutton is Administrator, Neurology Research & Education
Center.
        Her talk was about a "Defensive Falling School" designed to to make PD
families as well as persons suffering from other neurological disorders
aware of causes of falls and measures to take to reduce their risk of
falling. In preliminary analysis, data showed that several risk factors
that appear to predict falls are restricted upward gaze, certain motor
function tasks, and limited ability to see contrast.
        I have copies of hand-outs from both doctors and will be glad to send
them, if anyone would like them.
        I also did a search and came up with the following:

J. THOMAS HUTTON, M.D., Ph.D., F.A.C.P. is the director of the Neurology
Research & Education Center, St. Mary of the Plains Hospital, Lubbock,
Texas. He is in private practice in Lubbock, Texas. In 1980 he received
his Ph.D. from University of Minnesota. Previous positions includes
Staff Neurologist, Lubbock VA Outpatient Clinic; Director, Texas Tech
Alzheimers Disease Institute. He has authored numerous
articles, presentations and research grants relating to PD. He is
currently editor, Broca's Area, Newsletter of the Texas Neurological
Society.

TRUDY HUTTON, J.D., is the Coordinator of the Neurology Research and
Education Center, St. Mary of the Plains Hospital, Lubbock, Texas. She
received her J.D. in 1980 at Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul,
Minnesota. She worked as Staff Attorney and Executive Director, Legal
Aid Society of Lubbock, Texas and served on various legal boards and
organizations in Texas and was the Coordinator, APDA
Information and Referral Center, Lubbock, Texas.
        BTW - Dr. Hutton did speak at the Congress in Vancouver last year, and
one of the reports from him was about Hitler and Pksns.
  Judith

--
Judith Richards, London, Ontario, Canada