From: Camilla Flintermann [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2000 1:54 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Action request

Friends-- others may have received this also, but I wanted to be sure
you
see it in case you are moved to respond---
Camilla
***********

Dear Living Longer and Loving It! Subscriber,

If you want to personally have a hand in speeding the
applications of scientific discovery for the sake of finding
cures to devastating disease that could strike you or a
loved one, here's your chance . . .

Currently, the National Institutes of Health(NIH) have
proposed guidelines that would hasten the day when
lifesaving benefits of stem cell research are available to
you and your family.

The guidelines are subject to public comment, however,
and it is important that you express your support for them.
Without hearing from people like you-individuals with a
strong interest in living longer and loving it--it is very
possible that development of stem cell research will stall.

A Bit Of Background . . .

Stem cell research, a recent discovery with
unprecedented promise for finding cures to cancer, heart
disease, Parkinson's disease, diabetes, spinal cord injuries
and many other life-threatening conditions, must receive
federal funds and oversight if it is ever going to provide
relief to tens of millions of suffering Americans and their
families, plus save the country billions in health care
dollars.

SCIENCE Magazine, the publication of the highly