I have seen no evidence indicating that Sinemet per se becomes
ineffectual with time.  I am convinced that the dosage of Sinemet is
increased as the disease progresses to a point that there may not be
sufficient neurons to be activated by any amount of L-dopa.  At that
point, the PWP is frozen, bed-ridden or in a wheel-chair to be totally
cared for.
Michel Margosis