Audrey, et al....

One of the things we often comment on when speaking about our
respective pets - ANY kind of pet that we've grown to care about
is the therapeutic value of living with a pet in your home.

It doesn't seem to matter what kind of pet you have as long as
there's an affectionate bond between you and your pet.

Speaking  for myself, pets filled the role of friend, shrink,
child, crying pillow, entertainer AND entertainment,
buddy-in-mischief, and another living entity in my
"single-person's-home" for me to responsible for besides myself.

The thing that continues to amaze me is that there's a definite
feeling of sympathy and concern that seems to emanate from the
kitties when I don't feel well.  And the same can be said for the
various dogs we had over the years.

No drug in the world can so instantly relax me, and make me feel
better, and the only "side effects" are that you have to feed them
and clean up after them.  Not a bad trade off, in my book...

Barb Mallut