As always in this discussion, everyone thinks stem cell is the only
possibility of a cure. Maybe it is, however, it would also be another
"accepted" step to an unknown space.  If all the effort is put into gaining
acceptance for stem cell, will this be the end or do we continue to work for
accepting methods that are at best questionable.  Where do we stop?  Maybe
we could work toward acceptance of "growing" new brains, then we could
simply buy a new one.  I am concerned that there will be no stopping. Is
cloning acceptable?  Is it, the end justifies the means?  A person must look
at more than the short term solution.  If in the year 2000, stem cell
harvesting is accepted, then what will be acceptable in 2005?  Yes, without
regard to race, creed or religion every person must accept responsibility
for what signals and/or signs we leave.  I want a cure so I can play with my
son, I want a cure so I CAN walk my daughter down the aisle, I want a cure
so that I can play golf,(the frivolous things, much less writing and eating)
but, not at any cost, not if it means that the future is tainted because we
fooled around with creation.  And to those who speak about someone that they
do not have the least idea about, what weight do you have?  There are many
brilliant people on this list, everyone certainly has the right to voice
opinions.  But to attack! If members of this list would attack each other in
this forum, what would happen if we all met at a convention, scary...

Paul Ayers
Universal Connections, Inc.
317.577.1460  X-317
www.netuci.com