On 18 Feb 00 at 17:21, janet marie paterson wrote:

> >Subject: Panel Recommendations Regarding Tolcapone
> >Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 11:09:19 -0600
> >
> >Tolcapone and hepatotoxic effects
> >CW Olanow, and the Tasmar Advisory Panel
> >Arch Neurol 2000;57:263-267
> >http://archneur.ama-assn.org/issues/v57n2/full/nob8443.html
> >
> >The risk of developing irreversible liver injury from tolcapone is
> >negligible with proper monitoring, according to this editorial.
SNIP

Hi Janet,
This is interesting and I was prompted to look at Roche US site.
Revamped and quite extensive... (and addresses for Ivan's queries)

Roche Tasmar
Welcome to the official Tasmar r website.
http://www.tasmar.com/index.html
link away to lotsa pages on their site....

Health Canada's '98 "Ban"
Liver complications reported with anti-Parkinson's drug TASMAR
http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/english/archives/warnings/98_88e.htm

Tolcapone (Tasmar) & Hepatoxic Effects
http://archneur.ama-assn.org/issues/v57n2/full/nob8443.html

Janet, I thank you very much for this news item..... murray