hi list..

This is in partial response to Janet Marie's admission of clinical
depression to Rosemary.. Janet Marie, you really describe how life looks to
someone in cd.. the world is grey.  I hadnt considered how it appeared
before Prozac and counseling with my psychiatrist.  I agree with you that
the best source for cd is a psychiatrist rather than a psychologist. If meds
are advised, you should be part of the decision as to which ones, and I
wouldn't trust an internist with making a good choice of types. My internist
said he would put me on them but I declined..and probably a good decision.
It led me to my psychiatrist.  It is better to begin with the best possible
professsional as you suggest.  Fortunately, I have doctors who are willing
to work with one another. I dont have pd but I do understand cd.  Janet
Marie knows the isolation you feel looking at others who are not depressed .
It is an existance that those who have cd exist in outside of so called
*normal* lives.  It is difficult to decide whether you are inside looking
out at others or outside trying to get into what you view as happy.  You
feel an alien. You begin to doubt what reality is and who you are.  But, it
all seems so far away now.. and I am with Janet Marie, I dont intend nor
wish to go back into that grey world again...

*seattle* audrey   friend of aussie john  pwp 48/40/38??